Everyone loves free updates, right? They make games more fun and cost literally nothing. What wonderful things.
Excitingly, one of them is landing on Minecraft tomorrow. On July 1st, all console versions of Minecraft will be updated to version 1.17/TU25/CU14 , bringing a heap of exciting tweaks and additions. Here are a few highlights:
Offended by mountains and caverns? Worry not, strange crafter, because now you have the option to customise your super flat worlds so they’re only as vertical as you desire.
New blocks! Oak, Spruce, Birch, and Jungle wood types. Fences, Gates, and Doors! Create the log cabin of your dreams with 1.17/TU25/CU14 .
A heap of new game options! Change the game mode, difficulty, time, player spawn position, ambient cave sounds, and weather without leaving your game session. Very handy.
Classic crafting! Now console players get to craft items just like their PC buddies on Java Minecraft. Some players find this style of creation more satisfying. Check it out.
New stuff! Iron Trapdoors, Inverted Daylight Sensors, Book & Quills, and Stained Glass have arrived. Use them wisely, and for good, please.
Download and be merry, crafter folk!
Owen – @bopogamel
– Fix for tile entities not being saved correctly in unloaded chunks. (Empty Chests, Spawners turning into Pig Spawners, etc.)
– Enable hiding mashup-pack worlds from the saves list, and re-enabling them all from the options menu.
– Change to ‘disable saving’ setting so that it remains set for a specific save when reloading that save.
– Fix for Glass Blocks placed next to each other rendering incorrectly.
– Fix for enchanted items not destroying blocks as quickly as they should.
– Changed 3D sound attenuation to have linear fall-off, with special cases for thunder, Enderdragon & Ghast sounds. (Sound volumes incorrect bug)
– Improved frame-rate in Jungles.
– Fix for missing chunks in Superflat world on host console.
– Fixed an issue with mob spawning rates.
– Fix for hit box on torches sometimes being incorrect.
– Fix for entities being duplicated (every save/load cycle) for transferred worlds (Multiple Enderdragons bug).
– Fix for ‘Can Build and Mine’ not functioning correctly.
– Fixed issue with mobs still being aggressive while player is invisible (using Potion).
– Fixed an issue recording Spider Jockey kills.
– Fix for players riding Boats/Minecarts sometimes being invisible to remote players.
– Fix for Maps placed in an Item Frame appear as blank to other players.
– Fix to move HUD down when tooltips are disabled.
– Fix for camera resetting when going through Nether or End Portals.
– Fixed an issue with save transfers not using the most recent player data.
– Fix for Lily Pad breaking particle effect.
– Added a ‘Copy Save’ option to allow people to ‘back-up’ their world to another save.